Re: [Chicken-users] one more egg - need advice how wrt. exports

From: Jörg F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] one more egg - need advice how wrt. exports
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 12:25:00 +0100

Am 04.11.2015 um 06:41 schrieb John Cowan:
> "Jörg F. Wittenberger" scripsit:
>
>> Firstly I have not found a way to rename identifiers on export (as in
>> r6rs libraries).  Is there really no way or did I miss it?
>
> That's a Chicken limitation I hope will one day be lifted.

Thank you John and Evan for this clarification.

I just replaced the egg I posted yesterday with a slightly modified
version.  (Without tagging a new version as it did not make it to the
listing anyways so far.)

Now there are tree modules srfi-101-ra, srfi-101-plain and srfi-101.
The first exports the names with the "ra:"-prefix as given by the
origianl implementation, the second exports those names with the prefix
stripped (manually).

The third currently exports nothing.  It has a line commented out, which
would make export those names from the "-plain" module prefixed with a
single "r" as you proposed here:

>  I'd just go
> with fixing the code so that it uses rcar, rcdr, rcons etc.
> I'm going to propose this library for R7RS-large after doing this
> transformation on it.

I just could not compel myself to believe this single letter prefix
being a good idea, once I did the basic testing.

This is exceptionally hard to read and looks like a typo at the first
glance.  Also this single "r" is not exactly a hint - to me at least -
that this is the analogous definition for a similar data type.

That's why I left it out for now.  It's easy enough to do

(import (prefix srfi-101-plain r))

However if there is enough support for this prefix, I'll reconsider the
semicolon in front of the reexport statement in the egg.

Best

/Jörg