[Chicken-users] Building on MSYS2

From: dan
Subject: [Chicken-users] Building on MSYS2
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 11:48:00 -0500

I'm attempting to install Chicken 4.10.1 using MINGW64 via MSYS2; and I have managed to have a nearly faultless experience. The final install step fails with:

/usr/local/bin/chicken-install -update-db

Error: (directory) cannot open directory - No such file or directory: "/usr/local/lib/chicken/8"
rules.make:357: recipe for target 'install-bin' failed
make: [install-bin] Error 1 (ignored)

However, /usr/local/lib/chicken/8 does exist. My supposition is that Chicken is unaware of MSYS' manipulation of the directory structure.

The build step was:

make PLATFORM=mingw-msys install

Any thoughts?

Thanks,