Re: [Chicken-users] [ANN] CHICKEN 4.11.0 release candidate 1 available

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [ANN] CHICKEN 4.11.0 release candidate 1 available
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 03:46:07 -0600

I guess one of my incidental actions did screw things up. I've started over, and this time compilation was successful.

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 3:34 AM, Matt Gushee <address@hidden> wrote:
Sure. The main commands I ran were:

  $ tar zxvf /var/tmp/chicken-4.11.0rc1.tar.gz

  $ cd chicken-4.11.0rc1/

  $ make PLATFORM=linux PREFIX=/opt/chicken411

Also before the make invocation, I did some ls's and less's, and also did

  export LC_ALL=C

... hoping it might cause 'ls [A-Z]*' to show only files starting with capital letters (because I didn't remember if there was a README or INSTALL file, or what).

I also executed

  ./identify.sh

just out of curiosity, but that presumably did nothing.

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 2:01 AM, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 05, 2016 at 12:02:52AM -0600, Matt Gushee wrote:
> Thanks for the new release. Here's my compilation report:
>
> Operating system: Manjaro Linux
> Hardware platform: x86_64
> C Compiler: gcc 5.3.0
>
> Compilation fails with the messages shown below. This is apparently the
> first invocation of 'chicken' - which on my system refers to the installed
> chicken executable, which is Chicken 4.10.0.

Can you paste exactly which commands you ran to get this error, starting
with the extraction of the tarball?

Cheers,
Peter