Re: [Chicken-users] iup egg seems to be incompatible with the latest rel

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] iup egg seems to be incompatible with the latest release of iup
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 19:59:02 +0200

On 2016-09-29 19:12, Jeff Moon wrote:
> [...]
> I recently decided to try and get onto the latest version of IUP (3.19.1)
> and it appears that the IUP developers have changed the name of or removed
> one of the header files between 3.17 and 3.19.1.  The missing file is
> include/iup_pplot.h.
> [...]

Hello Jeff,

that may well be. If I recall correctly, the pplot widget has been
deprecated for a while and there are two alternatives available, namely
plot and mglplot.

> [...]
> This is causing the iup egg to be unable to build when linked with the new
> versions of IUP.
> [...]

Not quite. You can configure what optional libraries the IUP egg should
bind. Just compile with -D disable-iup-pplot and this particular problem
should vanish together with the bindings for the pplot widget :-)

> [...]
> I'm hoping that the developer of the iup egg is on the list and can maybe
> take a look.
> [...]

/me takes a confused look around

I hope the configuration flag I mentioned helps, otherwise let me know
and I'll see whether I can get my egg to compile again somehow ;-)

Ciao,
Thomas