Re: [Chicken-users] CHICKEN 5.0.0 release candidate 1 available

From: Justin Meiners
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CHICKEN 5.0.0 release candidate 1 available
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 16:43:06 -0600

Here is the output with the verbose flag. I am installed in a non-standard directory which is in my PATH.

$ chicken-install spiffy -verbose
spiffy not cached

Error: extension or version not found: "spiffy"

On Sun, Aug 19, 2018 at 12:56 PM, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 04:59:17PM -0600, Justin Meiners wrote:
> Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
> Hardware platform: x86-64
> C Compiler: GCC 7.3
> Installation works?: yes
> Tests work?: yes
> Installation of eggs works?: no. I just tried installing spiffy and some
> srfi's. No matter what eggs I tried it couldn't find anything.

Hi Justin,

That's a bit worrying; Ubuntu is a really standard platform and it should
work.  Could you paste the output of a failing chicken-install command,
with the -verbose flag?

Cheers,
Peter