Re: [Chicken-users] Error installing egg, but only on Raspbian

From: Vasilij Schneidermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Error installing egg, but only on Raspbian
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 10:10:42 +0100

Hello Christoph,

> I'm a bit lost here as to *where to start* looking to solve this. Any
> suggestions / comments?

There's a few things you can try:

- C5 creates many files during the installation process, perhaps you can
  find what's going wrong in them.
- Try uninstalling the egg including all dependencies, then install each
  dependency on its own and check whether it's successful.  Chances are
  one specific dependency fails installing properly.
- If I had to guess what's going wrong, some eggs depend on foreign
  libraries.  Coming from Arch I find it easy to forget that on Debian
  and its derivatives, you must install the header packages additionally
  to the library ones.  This would affect the openssl egg which I happen
  to maintain for C5, but never tested on Debian.

Vasilij