[Chicken-users] Announce: Hypergiant and OpenGL eggs are available for C

From: kooda
Subject: [Chicken-users] Announce: Hypergiant and OpenGL eggs are available for CHICKEN 5!
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 14:10:55 +0100

Hello CHICKEN users!

Today I finished porting and publishing the last eggs of the OpenGL suite!

I am now the maintainer of the CHICKEN 5 version of the following eggs,
which are, as of today, all available from chicken-install:

- epoxy
- soil
- glfw3
- gl-math
- gl-utils
- gl-type
- glls
- noise
- hyperscene
- hypergiant

Compared to CHICKEN 4, the only opengl binding that remains is a new
egg called `epoxy`.

It’s a drop-in replacement for the old `opengl-glew` egg (except for
the `init` procedure that is no longer required).

Epoxy also provides the OpenGL ES APIs as well as the fixed-pipeline
API that was previously available with the `opengl` egg.

This new egg requires the epoxy library to be installed on the system.

My plans for the near future are to update support for OpenGL ES in the
high level libraries (hypergiant and co.) so that it’s a runtime option
instead of a compile-time one.

I also plan to make a sound library and integrate it into hypergiant.

I hope all of this will be useful! If you experience any problem, feel
free to contact me!

Have a great day! :D