Re: [Chicken-users] for those who have interest in procedure objects dec

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] for those who have interest in procedure objects decoration
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 11:14:10 +0200

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 10:59:17AM +0200, Marco Maggi wrote:
> Ciao,
>
>   I'm composing unofficial documentation  for CHICKEN internals that are
> usable from client code.   As part of this I have  added a section about
> decorating procedure objects:
>
> <http://marcomaggi.github.io/docs/chicken-internals.html/procs-decoration.html>

Hi Marco,

This looks pretty cool!  One request though: could you please add some
blatant warnings that this stuff is not meant to be relied upon in user
code?  These are internals instead of an official API for a reason; we
can change them at will (this has happened in the past, and will happen
in the future).

So it's acceptable to use these, but only if there's no alternative, and
you may end up having to use cond-expand for various different versions.

Cheers,
Peter