Re: [Chicken-users] Looking for instructions to register an egg for 5.x

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Looking for instructions to register an egg for 5.x
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 07:02:23 +0200

Hi Kay,

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:20:42 -0400 masukomi <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've come across a couple eggs that no longer exist in 5.x. When
> speaking with one of the authors neither of us were sure what needed
> too be done (beyond the 4->5 code and metadata port) to make the egg
> show when you run `chicken-install` in 5.x
>
> Can someone please point me to the docs?

Not sure if I understand your question.  You mean adding eggs to
CHICKEN's central repository of eggs, so that you can install them by
running "chicken-install <egg>"?

If that's the case, you basically have to send the URL of the
.release-info file to this list.  One of of CHICKEN maintainers will add
it to the central repository.

https://wiki.call-cc.org/releasing-your-egg contains more information.

If you have questions, just ask them here or in the IRC channel
(#chicken, Freenode).

All the best.
Mario
--