Multi-platform app development options for chicken?

From: Matt Welland
Subject: Multi-platform app development options for chicken?
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 11:57:26 -0700

Currently I've got windows and Linux covered  and I'm very happy with the Chicken+IUP combo (although getting that to work on old platforms with Chicken 5 is a challenge). However I need to try again for Android. The SDL build worked and has great potential for games but not so much for regular apps.

My thought is to learn _javascript_ and ramp up on something like Native (https://www.nativescript.org) which begs the question, is it feasible to use Chicken as part of a Native app such that the core of the app is Chicken and the interface is _javascript_/Native?

I'm looking for opinions and comments from Chicken users as to how you would approach this problem.

Thanks.
--
Complexity is your enemy. Any fool can make something complicated.
It is hard to keep things simple. - Richard Branson.