Re: Chicken 5.2.0 build fails on Gnu Hurd

From: Andrew Eggenberger
Subject: Re: Chicken 5.2.0 build fails on Gnu Hurd
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 21:44:59 -0500

Hi again,

It looks like the problem is with the debian/rules file. It sets PLATFORM=linux. When I change it to PLATFORM=hurd. SEARCH_EXE_PATH is in chicken-config.h as expected and dpkg-build -B succeeds. It seems to be portable if I set PLATFORM=$(shell dpkg-architecture -q DEB_TARGET_ARCH_OS) in debian/rules. I'll send a patch to the maintainer.

Andrew Eggenberger