Re: Determining the correct, most up-to-date source/document for scrapin

From: noosphere
Subject: Re: Determining the correct, most up-to-date source/document for scraping CHICKEN SRFI metadata from
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 10:38:39 -0800

On Wed 11 Nov 2020 05:29:22 PM +01, Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:

> If you assume that the SRFIs supported by the CHICKEN core are static
> and the only variable source of supported SRFIs is eggs, you can get a
> list of the current SRFI eggs with something like
>
> wget --user=anonymous \
>      --password="" \
>      -qO - \
>      http://code.call-cc.org/svn/chicken-eggs/release/5/egg-locations |\
>      awk '/^\(srfi-/ {print substr($1, 2)}'
>
> This assumes that SRFI eggs are named according to the `srfi-' pattern,
> which might not be always true, though (e.g., vector-lib).

Right.  vector-lib was one example of an egg that provided SRFI support
but was did not start with "srfi-".  The "box" egg was another.
So this method is not completely reliable, and while we've been good in
recent days about starting names of SRFI-supporting eggs with "srfi-"
can we maybe make it a policy?

That way the above code should be sufficient and reliable, at least for
SRFI support that's provided via eggs.

  --Sergey