Re: New egg: nng

From: Ariela Wenner
Subject: Re: New egg: nng
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 14:28:10 -0300

Honestly, for my usecase, they are about the same.

My main work with nng/zmq is implementing the actor model (I have two
implementations, one for CHICKEN with nng, and a port for Common Lisp with
zmq), so rep/req (and inproc pair for some sync when spawning an actor),
nothing terribly complex.

The main benefit and the reason that I personally like zmq more, is CurveZMQ,
which saves me having to implement encryption with tweetnacl, for example.
Sure, I have the tls transport with nng but that's a bit of a main imo.

--
Ariela Wenner