cjk-list

Re: [cjk] Fwd: HELP with emacs 25.1 and cjk-enc.el

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [cjk] Fwd: HELP with emacs 25.1 and cjk-enc.el
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 11:00:39 +0000 (UTC)

Plot thickens. I went and tested stuff in cjk/examples/ , with 21.4, 22.3,
23.3, 24.5 (and 25.1).

25.1 is majorly broken for every encoding. Thai tis-620 and mule works till
24.5.

But big5 does not work for 23.3/24.5 now on my system.
Now I remember stuff when I ported the code to emacs 23
a few years ago: it was quite painful to get big5 to work because
emacs 23 prefers to mis-read things as utf8 . That was why I left the comment:

;; `split-char' in emacs 23+ is sensitive to charset priority.

in the code. I can imagine some combination of LANG/LC_* can get it to
work for emacs 23/24. So it worked for me for a while and not any more :-(.
This probably needs better documentation...

Anyway - is the initial poster aware of bg5latex/bg5pdflatex ? While I
read/write big5 natively,
I don't use cjk-enc for that purpose. It is bg5latex/bg5pdflatex (which are
c-preprocessed)
and some years ago, it was latexb5, which was TeX-preprocessed...