Re: [Classpath] [Fwd: Intel releases open source Java VM]

From: Fred Gray
Subject: Re: [Classpath] [Fwd: Intel releases open source Java VM]
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:41:43 -0500 (CDT)

> I wonder why we haven't seen more posts from @intel.com ... and I wonder if
> they made any nice enhancements ...

I went ahead and downloaded it...it doesn't include Classpath; it tells
you to go get it from CVS.  Consequently, I would guess that they haven't made
any local enhancements.  They do not use any of the native methods from
Classpath, instead providing their own (rather limited) subset.  I get the
feeling that they went down this route because they wanted to be able to
compile easily with either gcc or Microsoft Visual C++.

-- Fred