[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:47:17 +0000 (UTC)
> > I should have made it more clear that this is a port to pure java code. My
> > hidden agenda here is to use the code in a future java OS (see
> > http://jos.org), which is why I didn't want to use zlib.
> IIRC, everything except Deflater and Inflater are already pure java in
> libgcj. Deflater and Inflater are just interfaces to zlib, so it
> makes sense for you to rewrite them from scratch. You should borrow
> some code from zlib, of course. And make sure you have RFC 1950-1952
I'm working from the zlib C source and the rfc documents.
> > I will have a look at the libgcj code and Jochen's code, to see what I can
> > borrow / contribute in terms of code and javadoc.
> You can probably take all other classes in java.zip from libgcj
> without changes. Regarding javadoc I think there is very little in
Well the latest CVS seems to be pretty good, I'll try merge what docs I
have and suggest some patches.
- Re: java.util.zip, (continued)
- Re: java.util.zip, Tom Tromey, 2000/11/15
- Re: java.util.zip, John Leuner, 2000/11/16
- Re: java.util.zip, Brian Jones, 2000/11/16
- Re: java.util.zip, Jochen Hoenicke, 2000/11/17
- Re: java.util.zip, Mark Wielaard, 2000/11/17
- Re: java.util.zip, John Leuner, 2000/11/20
- Re: java.util.zip, Tom Tromey, 2000/11/22
- Re: java.util.zip,
John Leuner <=