Re: A java DEBUG flag

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: A java DEBUG flag
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 13:11:10 +0000

>>> Patrick Tullmann <address@hidden> 30-Nov-00 12:51:25 AM >>>

>FYI, I use: 'gcc -E -x c -P -Wcomment -nostdinc -undef -C'.

That's what I meant.

>Or are you asking about the ".Java" extension I use?

No... I was suggesting that gcc's preproc could take over from
that... for non-GNU projects I understand that you might need
something that doesn't rely on GCC but I think it's okay to have a GCC
dependancy for GNU java code.

>The nice thing about using a pre-process in gcj is that
>you guys won't have to hunt around to find out if the GNU
>cpp is installed.  :)

Exactly!  /8-> as I said... this should be the same for all GNU java
projects since the GNU system must include GCC.

Nic