Re: SWING at OJE

From: Artur Biesiadowski
Subject: Re: SWING at OJE
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 15:27:31 +0100

Nic Ferrier wrote:

> I agree. The seperation of layers is really bad and they keep making
> changes... I think Sun's real problem is the JNI which is not very
> useful for client side Java (thank goodness for GCJ and CNI).
>
> Perhaps you guys would consider doing a Swing port for GCJ? Using low
> level stuff called from CNI when necessary?

It is sad that swing can be 100% java and CNI doesn't have to be used...

As far as JNI/CNI is concerned... I don't know what you mean by client
side java. Is JNI any better at server side ? Anyway, CNI is really nice
if you want to stick with gcc, but I personally prefer to write more
code in native wrappers than to stick to certain subset of garbage
collectors.

Artur