Re: Event class?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Event class?
Date: 10 May 2001 16:40:19 -0600

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Fisher <address@hidden> writes:

Paul> I'd like to see the GTK peer code work with the libgcj AWT,
Paul> assuming it's technically possible.  Licensing on the GTK
Paul> portion is not an issue, since Jim Blair and I wrote the code.

I'm sure it is technically possible.  libgcj supports JNI.  Bryce has
been interested in changing the peers to use CNI though.

We might have enough of the java side of AWT to bring up a window.  I
haven't had a free day to sit down and try to make the Classpath Gtk
peers work with libgcj yet though :-(

I don't consider licensing an issue here since Gtk itself is LGPL.  So
the peers might as well be...

Tom