RE: Event class?

From: John Keiser
Subject: RE: Event class?
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 09:45:28 -0600

- Can Aaron change the license on the code to GPL+exception himself?
- Is the real purpose of the signing over of copyrights to allow RMS to
decide which GPL the code is licensed under?  I donated the code in trust
because he said he could defend it better in court that way and with the
understanding that the code would always remain free--*not* so he could make
decisions that impede the progress of the project.

Does it seem to anyone else like open source projects spend as much time on
licensing as on code?  Or is it just when GNU's involved?

--John