building in separate directory

From: Brian Jones
Subject: building in separate directory
Date: 25 Jun 2001 08:50:29 -0400

I've been able to build in a separate directory as of my changes
yesterday.  Basically I've tried creating a directory called 'build'
in the classpath directory and configuring with ../configure
[options].  It's still necessary to run
aclocal;autoheader;automake;autoconf in the classpath directory
though.  If someone finds a problem with this working for them let me
know how you tried to do it and what happened.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>