some more fixes

From: R.S. Veldema
Subject: some more fixes
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 14:13:31 +0200

Indeed, still not very usable, found that out yesterday evening after fixing some things
at my compiler (seems for that at least it was a usefull exercise).

Already integrated some parts of classpath, rest came from kaffe.
Its awt seems to work (kinda).
About the peers, I'd think that either before each call to getPeer()
an addNotify() should be added (ugly) or getPeer() should do the addNotify().
and a special internalGetPeer() to test for null.
It now all compiles and links to an executable.

Some other comments:

Can't there be a thread abstraction that VM's have to implement.
or is it the plan to let the VM reimplement all the gthread libraries functions.
(I currently have my own thread package(s)).
Either way, some library calls may need to be thread-safe against my own thread
package. adding some atomic_start() atomic_end() macros around each such
or special open()/close()/read(), methods should do the trick.

Some missing parts,
missing java.awt.Event, so here is a dummy:

package java.awt;

import java.io.*;

public class Event implements Serializable
{
public final static int CTRL_MASK    = 1;
public final static int ACTION_EVENT = 1000;

public Object target, argument;
public int id;
public int x, y;
public long when;

 Event(Object target,
       int id,
       Object argument)
 {
   this.target = target;
   this.id     = id;
   this.argument    = argument;
 }
}

Missing java.awt.font.TextHitInfo
Here is a dummy:

package java.awt.font;
class TextHitInfo
{
}

missing java.awt.geom.*;
Here are some more dummies:
package java.awt.geom;

public interface PathIterator
{
 int currentSegment(double[] coords);
 int currentSegment(float[] coords);
 int getWindingRule();
 boolean isDone();
 void next();
}

package java.awt.geom;

class IllegalPathStateException extends RuntimeException
{
 IllegalPathStateException()
 {
 }
}

in  java.awt.ImageMediaEntry, added an empty:
public boolean imageUpdate(Image image, int flags, int x, int y, int width, int height)
{
return false;
}

After this, the awt atleast compiles.
R.

"R.S. Veldema" <address@hidden> writes:

As long as its opensourced, GPL would be ok, so yes !
btw, where can I get it ? (including all the dependent libs like special gtk's etc.)
from classpath cvs ?.

I'm asking so that I can have a go integrating it into my compiler and stuff, (native compiler (.java -> .s like gcc/gcj with own backend) + (.class -> .c translater)
R.

The AWT code is not in a usable state.  Some things are missing and in
general it has not been made to work with the peers.  I wouldn't try
dealing with this at the moment although other parts of Classpath may
be okay.

Brian