Re: another bug

From: R.S. Veldema
Subject: Re: another bug
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:30:27 +0200

Brian Jones wrote:

I guess you're wrong there,
this should not compile: (say on jdk 1.2.2 and above)
(unless you're running on some buggy/early compiler)

class Base
{
   private static int a = 1;
}

class Derived extends Base
{
   public static void main(String args[])
   {
   System.out.println("a = " + a);
   }
}

"R.S. Veldema" <address@hidden> writes:

   Hi, more bugs,  changed the LOADING, COMPLETE, etc
from private to protected inside java.awt.MediaEntry
since they we're accessed inside java.awt.ImageMediaEntry

Since ImageMediaEntry extends MediaEntry I would expect
ImageMediaEntry to have no problems accessing the private fields.  Is
that wrong?

Brian