Re: Weird characters in java/lang/Character.java

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: Weird characters in java/lang/Character.java
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 20:28:18 -0600

I'm the release manager for the upcoming jikes 1.15 release, currently
targetted for Sept 26. Is there an actual bug with jikes' interpretation
of encodings?  If so, it might be a wise idea to move this discussion
over to the jikes mailing lists, to see if we can repair it in time for
the next release.

Unfortunately, I'm not the expert on encodings.  As pointed out earlier,
the most portable solution would be using \uxxxx characters instead of
8-bit ascii characters in the source .java files of Classpath, as then
jikes does not have to pull any encoding tricks.

--
This signature intentionally left boring.

Eric Blake             address@hidden
  BYU student, free software programmer