Re: libclasspath.so & libjavalangmath.so

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: libclasspath.so & libjavalangmath.so
Date: 20 Dec 2001 11:36:19 -0500

"Carlos Cavanna" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have checked out the latest copy of classpath from the CVS repository a
> few days ago.
> I built the libraries with no problems but it seems that my configuration
> does
> not create the following files:
>
> libclasspath.so

This file is not installed now, it is a temporary library used by the
other libraries during build.

> libjavalangmath.so

This is part of libjavalang.so now.

> I am running:
> ./configure --prefix=../../classpath --with-gcj --enable-jni --enable-shared
> make
> make install

To my knowlege you may have had some trouble doing this compile
using automake 1.5 and autoconf 2.52 because there is some sort of
issue with using "if VAR else if VAR2 endif endif" in Makefile.am.

The newer libtool is required to make the native libraries and the
newer libtool requires these updated versions of automake/autoconf.

--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>