Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: classpath: GIF files

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: classpath: GIF files
Date: 20 Jan 2002 19:27:00 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, 2002-01-20 at 17:46, Loic Dachary wrote:

>       Please accept my apologies. What I thought to be a good idea
> apparently turned out to be very unpleasant to you. I fixed the script
> to avoid troubles in the future. Could you please tell me if the sample
> mail below is acceptable ? If not could you suggest a way to improve it ?

Much better. Thanks for taking the time to make it clearer.
(And don't take my critisism to seriously, I was just utterly confused
where the mail came from and why it was send to me personally.)

To bad you cannot use the mailinglist. Another suggestion could be to
file an urgent bug report on the savannah project page.

You might want to warn people that the script only converts gifs->png
but that changes to the webpages or code should be done by hand.

You might also want to explicitly state if the savannah-hackers
mailinglist is the correct place to ask for aditional information and/or
help in doing the conversion. If not you might want to change the
reply-to header to point to the appropriate list.