Re: make dist fixes

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: make dist fixes
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 18:16:49 -0700

Keep in mind that a workaround for this is to explicitly qualify the
method with the desired class (ie. the one where the method is actually
defined).

In other words, instead of
  Encoder8859_1.loadTable()
in the source code, use
  EncoderEightBitLookup.loadTable()

The only problem I see with this approach is if EncoderEightBitLookup is
not accessible when Encoder8859_1 is.  Then an alternative workaround
would be to modify Encoder8859_1 by adding this method:
  public static void loadTable() { super.loadTable(); }

I'm not familiar with the ORP code, but these workarounds shouldn't be
too hard.

Do you want me to file a PR for the gcc bug?  I've yet to get a working
compile of gcj on my cygwin box, so I'm not sure how well I would do on
bug reporting.

--
This signature intentionally left boring.

Eric Blake             address@hidden
  BYU student, free software programmer