Re: Archiving email

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Archiving email
Date: 15 Feb 2002 13:39:02 -0700

>>>>> "Michal" == Cierniak, Michal <address@hidden> writes:

Michal> You may be right that Yahoo is not the best way to handle a
Michal> mailing list.  I don't like mail.gnu.org because as far as I
Michal> can see, it doesn't hide email addresses.  I'm a little
Michal> concerned that every email I send to the Classpath mailing
Michal> list increases a possibility that I will get spam because
Michal> someone will scan GNU's mail archives and add my email to
Michal> their lists.

It is a bit irritating.  I've just resigned myself to getting spam
though.  Some of the GNU lists seem to only deliver spam.

Michal> Does anyone on this mailing list have any suggestions?  My
Michal> experience in managing mailing lists is quite limited.

You could ask the GNU admins about obscuring email addresses in the
archives.  Maybe they would consider it.

Tom