Re: generation of gnu/java/locale/*.uni

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: generation of gnu/java/locale/*.uni
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:20:40 -0700

Artur Biesiadowski wrote:

> > I just committed an update based on Artur's code.  And since the
> > database is no longer a binary file, you should have no problems using
> > it straight out of CVS for another run through Mauve.
>
> Please note that this is not my code - it was written by Jochen Hoenicke.

Sorry. I'll correct those references in CVS to give credit where it is
due.

> I think that you might also find it useful:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg02024.html

Hmm, more fun reading for me to do...

> I don't know how much the implementation differs now and unfortunately I
> cannot make a check right now, but I suppose that playing with block
> sizes should not be hard.

The unicode-muncher.pl script checks all block sizes from 3-8 in
selecting the best size.  The best block size for Unicode 3.0.0 turns
out to be 5; for Unicode 3.2.0 it is 4.

--
This signature intentionally left boring.

Eric Blake             address@hidden
  BYU student, free software programmer