Re: java.util.regex

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: java.util.regex
Date: 27 Feb 2002 18:26:10 +0000

Wes Biggs <address@hidden> writes:

> Any thoughts on getting this into classpath, logistics-wise?  I would
> like to continue to maintain gnu.regexp as a separately releasable
> project; I see the java.util.regex.* classes as bridge classes to its
> API from Classpath.  However, I have no problem relicensing gnu.regexp
> with the exception clause if that would make things easier.

Well done for doing this Wes!

Brian or Aaron will have some thoughts on how to integrate (if they
want to!) but I think it's a pretty good idea..

Is there any reason why Classpath couldn't include your source code
in the CVS?

If you hosted the CVS for gnu regexp on subversions (via the savannah
system) we would be able to create a link from the Classpath CVS to
your source code directories to make it seem as if Classpath included
your source code (but it would still be maintained separately).

I think to do that you'd need to hand over (c) to the GNU project.

Alternately Classpath could start to deliver jar files with the
distribution. I personally think we should make Aaron's getopt stuff
available with Classpath.

Embrace and extend.

Nic