Re: java.util.logging

From: Anthony Green
Subject: Re: java.util.logging
Date: 27 Feb 2002 20:02:54 -0800

On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 13:32, Anthony Green wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 08:54, Brian Gilstrap wrote:
> > Since Lumberjack is LGPL, is there anything special that would need to
> > be done to incorporate it into GNU Classpath?
>
> The license would have to change slightly.  We use the GPL with the
> following exception (blessed by the FSF):

Actually, I was slightly wrong in my response.  What really needs to
happen is that copyright needs to be assigned to the Free Software
Foundation, and then they'll change the license.

Copyright assignment is a relatively painless procedure, and you retain
many rights as the original author.  You might want to read this:

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/why-assign.html

If/when you feel comfortable with this, send a note to
address@hidden explaining that you'd like to assign your code to
the GNU Classpath project.  They'll send you the appropriate paperwork
to fill out and return.

Thanks!

AG