Re: Please keep Classpath in a working state (Was: cvs commitsandjava.u

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: Please keep Classpath in a working state (Was: cvs commitsandjava.util.regex)
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 16:32:31 -0700

Mark Wielaard wrote:

> It came in with this commit although the changelog entry does
> not mention it, so you probably comitted from the wrong working
> directory:
>
>         2002-03-07  Eric Blake  <address@hidden>
>
>         * java/lang/String.java: Improve Javadoc and formatting.
>         * java/lang/StringBuffer.java: Ditto.

Bah, you're right - I had specifically commented out all the methods for
matches() and split(), but did not comment out the import statement.  I
guess my BOOTCLASSPATH environment variable has been a lurking bug
longer than I realized :(  I plan to check in my latest revision of
String soon (which fixes toUpperCase); and this time I will make sure
that Classpath is self-contained.

> > No, I'm on Cygwin, and have yet to compile a successful free VM (or for
> > that matter gcj).  However, I haven't really sat down and tried tweaking
> > ORP, yet, so maybe I can get it to work if I put some effort into it.
>
> Would it help if we got you off this non-free proprietary platform?
> I could sent you a copy of my Debian CDs :)

Well, I recently got a larger hard drive, so I have slowly been in the
process of converting my machine into a dual boot.  I already have
access to some Linux distro CDs, but thanks for the offer.  But even if
I start doing most of my hacking in GNU/Linux, I still think it is nice
to try to accomodate cygwin.

--
This signature intentionally left boring.

Eric Blake             address@hidden
  BYU student, free software programmer