GNU Classpath + JRVM

From: John Leuner
Subject: GNU Classpath + JRVM
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:44:32 +0000

I've created two documents:

http://people.debian.org/~jewel//jikes/port_poc.html
http://people.debian.org/~jewel//jikes/futurechanges.html

describing my work on porting the Jikes RVM to GNU Classpath (or vice versa).

The biggest issue is:

Where do we put these JRVM specific changes in Classpath?

You can view the changed Classpath files at:

http://people.debian.org/~jewel//jikes/files/vmclasses/

John Leuner

PS

I've mostly been talking about this work on the Jikes lists. For those who
don't know,
I've managed to run "hello world" programs, reading and printing of text file
programs,
dynamic class instantiation programs (eg mauve) with a JRVM image compiled
solely by
using Classpath and the JRVM Base compiler.