Re: AWT?

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: AWT?
Date: 15 Mar 2002 00:15:56 -0500

Zach Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone tell me what the status of Classpath
> AWT is? I may be interesting in helping on that
> part of the project. I can write X/Motif code
> (and Java code) for it.
>
> Please respond to me directly at address@hidden
> Thanks,
> Zach Smith

The AWT is not completely functional and in fact can only be
tested/used with some CVS version of gcj at the moment (as far I can
tell).  The peers do need some work (GTK peers), but probably not
nearly as much as the AWT itself.

Please check out the project at
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/classpath/ and you can grab the
latest from CVS and see for yourself.  This link has more information
on volunteering,
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/doc/hacking.html#SEC3

Brian
--