Re: Patch 184 (FileURLConnection formatting changes)

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: Patch 184 (FileURLConnection formatting changes)
Date: 18 Mar 2002 17:50:16 +0000

Brian Jones <address@hidden> writes:

> "nicferrier" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > The methods I want to add only supplement the existing interface. I will
> > submit a patch and you can take a look at it but they are essentially two
> > things I was trying to achieve:
> >
> > - add a listing framework to the class, this is to support servlet
> > container
> > requirements
> > - implement meta methods for Files, eg: getLastModified.
>
> For Files, wouldn't you just want to do URL.getFile() and use the
> File.getLastModified()?

Within the class yes. I don't see why the user should have to do
that, in the scenario where URLConnections are used without knowing
what the implementation is it's really useful to have these methods
implemented right.

> For web traffic, I think it is just part of the request/response
> semantics, right?

I've not done anything with gnu's HttpURLConnection
implementation. I'm going to at some point, to add 1.1 compatibility
to it.

Nic