Re: [Kissme-general] Re: Building kissme with classpath 0.04

From: John Leuner
Subject: Re: [Kissme-general] Re: Building kissme with classpath 0.04
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 19:59:18 +0100

> >>I don't know what the plan is yet :-)
> >>
> >>Probably to be able run the mauve tests automatically.
> >>

> >My "plan" was to include scripts and rules in the kissme Makefile for
> >running Mauve tests on Kissme.  However, this stalled because:
> >
> > 1)  I couldn't find instructions on how to run Mauve tests,
> >
> Tell me about it... :) And the only valid link I could find on google is
> what John wrote while back. Most of the test that I run will fail
> ( in all the jvm I get , kissme, orp, jdk1.2 1.3, 1.4 ) That kind of give
> me a bad feeling how solid the test base are ( not the test case )
> e.g. gnu/testlet/SimpleTestHarness.java
> Unless the test case is bad also ( I read a couple test cast, some
> shouldn't fail in jdk, but it did )

Mauve does need more contributors than it currently has.

It's not broken however, lots of the test cases work fine.

> > 2)  the Mauve tests looked pretty thin on the ground, and
> >
> ah...I think they started it and havn't put much in lately....
> Is there anything better out-there that we can try? Or less
> complex and closer to what we are doing? (in nature ) like a
> vm checker ( debuger? ) and inner class tester ( AI type testing
> I'm not sure reflection going to be inplace by then, but if we get
> reflection done we can possible build a testing agent and look
> over all the classes and then get a report from it. )

I don't think there is anything better.

Stephen wrote some vm tests for kissme, but it's nothing on the same scale.

> > 3)  they seemed to focus on complex stuff, not on the low level
> >     things we were doing.
> >
> >However, I recall someone mentioning that there are new instructions
> >for running Mauve. So I'll look into this again.

I'll try post some new instructions for running mauve and kissme soon.

John Leuner