Re: [Kissme-general] Re: First Try Debug.

From: Stephen Crawley
Subject: Re: [Kissme-general] Re: First Try Debug.
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:55:13 +1000

Alex,

> After looking into the debug code from vm .... it look like the problem
> may be existing around the zip loading code... Not 100% sure yet.. but
> when I swap the bootpath sequence
> e.g kissme:classpath will have different error then classpath:kissme.

You MUST put kissme/classes.zip BEFORE classpath/glibj.zip on the
classpath.  The former contains the kissme specific implementations
of key low-level classes that must be loaded in preference to the
'reference' implementations in the latter.

[Note to self: this should be documented somewhere.]

> Question1
> -bootclasspath should be included kissme/classes.zip and
> classpath/glibj.zip
> correct?

Strictly yes.  In practice, if you put them on the regular classpath
(in the correct order -- see above), you get the same effect.

[We know that this is wrong.  Classes on the boot classpath should be
loaded differently to those on the regular classpath.  We'll get there
eventually.]

-- Steve