Re: jdiff.sh

From: Michael Koch
Subject: Re: jdiff.sh
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 23:20:14 +0200

Am Freitag, 20. September 2002 10:38 schrieb Giannis Georgalis:
> Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:
> > I think it would be very useful to have an
> > automatically-generated API comparison page for Classpath-vs-JDK
> > (and another for libgcj-vs-JDK). Anybody want to volunteer :-)?
> >
> > Tom
>
> I already volunteered!  And let's make it more interesting... If it
> does not find a specific method/ constructor/ ...  in GNU classpath
> source it should write one (:))...well I mean if it does not find
> eg. the constructor "public File(URI uri)" it should make a backup
> copy of File.java and add to the original:

I generated a file containing all "violations" for libgcj. The file is
over 470kb big. It would be more productive to eliminate the false
positives then thinking about auto-adding of missing methods.
The adding should be optional if added, not automatically.

Michael
--
Homepage: http://www.worldforge.org/
GPG-key: http://konqueror.dyndns.org/~mkoch/michael.gpg