Re: org.omg

From: Stephen Crawley
Subject: Re: org.omg
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 11:46:43 +1000

Folks,

There is no doubt in my mind that the OMG implicitly grants permission
to anyone to modify / redistribute those files.  Many OMG member
companies have been openly doing this for years.

One approach would be to take our concerns to someone in the OMG (e.g.
Andrew Watson).  Maybe all we need is for the OMG to grant explicit
permission to make and distribute changes.  Or to allow us to amend the
copyright notice to make the implicit permission explicit.

But before that, I think we should ask RMS if it is OK to ship the OMG
files (with or without modification) under their current copyright
notice.

-- Steve