Re: I wish to help

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: I wish to help
Date: 31 Oct 2002 12:36:09 -0700

>>>>> "Andy" == Andy Walter <address@hidden> writes:

Andy> Not only that but it also doesn't depend on GTK. I think it
Andy> would be great to separate the top level graphics stuff from the
Andy> low level peer classes by a common, well-defined interface.

Andy> I expect that the sooner we agree on such a common layer, the
Andy> fewer redundant work there is on the top level.

Does this need anything more than the peer interfaces already in
java.awt.peer?  Those aren't really well-defined, but we can define
them as need be.

The approach I've been taking on those occasions when I do AWT hacking
is to simply assume that we won't try to be compatible with Sun's AWT
peers.  So I just change the peer code to suit the needs I perceive.

Tom