Re: I wish to help

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: I wish to help
Date: 31 Oct 2002 20:15:03 -0500

Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

> I think as with any merge, something like this must be done
> class-by-class with careful attention paid to preserving the benefits
> of both implementations.

A merge of the software remains impossible in this manner.  If there
are useful parts that might be treated as an external library then
this is the most likely route for this project; I'm mainly thinking of
things that are like our GTK peers, providing other functionality like
framebuffer support.

> Also, I think it is very important that native widgets be used in some
> situations.  For instance, it's hard to picture running a native Linux
> AWT on anything other than Gtk or Qt.  Writing a new toolkit is really
> out of the question.

Native peers are required.
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>