Idea: use japiohtml to show merge status

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Idea: use japiohtml to show merge status
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:16:48 -0500

It occurred to me that the "japio" file format that is used by japitools as an intermediate format before creating text or HTML output, could also be used to show the merge status between gcj and classpath. This could then produce graphs along the lines of the japitools HTML nightly output, indicating the "mergedness level" of each package.

The format doesn't *perfectly* match the output you want to get, so it would need kludging ever so slightly, but the output should still make perfect sense.

The format is pretty simple:

%%japio 0.9.1 libgcj classpath
categories =good diverged unmerged cponly gcjonly
rawsummary java.xxx good:10 diverged:5 unmerged:2
rawsummary java.yyy good:5 cponly:10 gcjonly 4
rawsummary # good:15 diverged:5 unmerged:2 cponly:10 gcjonly:4
error diverged class java.xxx,Classname!  /diverged
error unmerged class java.xxx,Class2!  /unmerged
error cponly class java.yyy,Class!  not/
error gcjonly class java.yyy.Class2!  /not

The "#" line is the totals.

The error lines are what need to be kludged a little bit: I've suggested the position of the slash as best I can think to make it work for what you're doing, but the error messages as printed might still be slightly inappropriate (but should be perfectly comprehensible, at least). Perhaps in file format version 0.9.2 I'll figure out a way to better accomodate this usage. By the way, note the double space after the "!".

You'll also need to modify japi.css to cover your new categories - that is, take the sections now that refer to "bad", "svuid", "abs.add" and "missing", and make corresponding sections for "diverged", "unmerged", "cponly" and "gcjonly" (with your choice of garish colors).

If you modify your merge-status scripts to generate output in this format, you should be able to simply pipe it through japiohtml and get nice output.

Thoughts?

Stuart.

--
Stuart Ballard, Programmer