Re: java.util.zip speedup

From: Artur Biesiadowski
Subject: Re: java.util.zip speedup
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 20:48:34 +0100

I have created diff of my caching changes to java.util.zip versus current cvs (with merged ZipFile). If anybody will ever work on zip-decompression sensitive code and suffer performance problems, please try out if they help.

http://nwn-j3d.sf.net/misc/zipcache.diff

As for inclusion in main tree, changes are a bit ugly - very clear example of optimizing over design. But I wanted to put them somewhere on the net, so brave people could try out for themselves.

I'm now leaving java.util.zip behind and will continue to play with Graphics2D.

Artur