Re: automauve

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: automauve
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:20:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi Brian,

--- Brian Jones <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've written a simple means of presenting Mauve test
> results for
> multiple projects over a period of time.  I still
> have to write a
> little Perl script to create the necessary gnu plot
> file that will
> make a nice graph; the graph is the only piece
> missing.  All of the
> web pages are generated statically.  I started out
> with PHP but found
> it was too slow for calculating the results, etc.
>
> This can be used to track gcj-<platform> results
> against each platform
> if you want or any other vm+platform.  The
> presentation scheme is
> based loosely on something similar I saw done for
> building Jakarta
> with Ant.  Let me know if you find this useful.

Thanks, that was another missing bit for people
evaluating free java VM progress.

Do you have the resources to include kaffe, sablevm &
wonka in your test grid?

There is a Perl script that converts the output from
mauve into HTML in the japhar CVS, but it takes a ton
of time & memory. You may want to take a look at it if
you want to create mauve result pages like this :
http://www.google.de/search?q=cache:Ha1wwPfP7XgC:www.japhar.org/mauve-results-11.html++site:www.japhar.org+japhar&hl=de&ie=UTF-8
 (taken from Google's cache because I can't get to the
site at the moment).

cheers,
dalibor topic