Re: Jikes RVM & mauve tests

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: Jikes RVM & mauve tests
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:36:48 -0700

Brian Jones wrote:
David P Grove <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

     I've been experimenting a little bit with running Mauve tests
on top of Jikes RVM and GNU Classpath.  This generally does pretty
well, except that there are massive failures on
java.lang.Character.unicode ("make check
KEYS=!java. java.lang.Character" yields 136460 of 3603803 tests
failed).  Before looking into this further, I just wanted to verify
that the classpath libraries are expected to pass these tests.

There may be Character problems... I tend not to run it because it (a)
takes a while and (b) inflates positive results out of proportion with
other class tests.  I believe this is another area where gcj/classpath
differ as well.

I stand by the Classpath version of Character. I updated it to correctly obey the same Unicode version as JDK 1.4, and verified everything against the JDK. However, I never found the time to go and fix Mauve to do the same. So the Mauve tests for Character are currently broken.

Back in Feb 02 or so, I posted a patch to gcj to "merge" as much of Character and String as possible between Classpath and libgcj, but it was never applied (back in the 3.1 days), so I would practically have to start the merge again to catch everything that has happened in both trees in the meantime.

--
This signature intentionally left boring.

Eric Blake             address@hidden
  BYU student, free software programmer