Re: JVM/classpath question

From: John Leuner
Subject: Re: JVM/classpath question
Date: 18 Mar 2003 14:21:06 +0000

I think Niklas was asking whether he could mix classes from a CDC
implementation with Classpath classes.

This might be possible with some classes, but you run the risk of things
breaking when the classpath or CDC classes change in future versions.

But as Brian said, you can just remove pieces of classpath and use a JVM
that works with Classpath.

It is difficult to say whether there is a Classpath/JVM combination that
is "1.3" compliant. It really depends on what your needs are. There are
interpreters like kissme and SableVM, and there is JRVM which is more
suited to a server-side (lots of RAM) setup.

A long time ago Mark Wielaard posted a mail about a clean-room
implementation of J2ME classes. Does anyone know of any work in this
direction, is there anyone interested in creating clean-room CDLC
libraries (perhaps based on Classpath)?

John Leuner

--
John Leuner <address@hidden>