Re: Running Eclipse on Jikes RVM and Classpath

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: Running Eclipse on Jikes RVM and Classpath
Date: 29 Apr 2003 23:53:22 -0400

Brian Jones <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael Hind <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > As Julian's recent post mentioned, we just put a release of Jikes RVM out
> > that relies totally on Classpath and runs a significant subset of Eclipse.
> >   A few months back, someone mentioned that getting Eclipse started on an
> > open source JVM with Classpath would be a good benchmark and suggested
> > that getting it to run in under a minute would be a nice goal.
> >
> > Using a FastAdaptiveSemiSpace image with a 200 Mb heap, we got to the sign
> > on screen in approximately 12 secs on a Linux/IA32 box.
>
> Good progress!  I look forward to trying out the new release.

I'm finally getting into trying Jikes RVM so I can run tests against
it and maybe develop against it.  Anyway I'm wondering from the
directions at
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/jikesrvm/userguide/HTML/userguide_6.html
how to get the 'jbuild' to let me use my own CVS checkout and build.
I tend to build in classpath/build where classpath is the cvs root
directory.

Doing the following doesn't seem to be enough.  I'll have to read some
more... do I also have to rebuild every time I change code in
Classpath?  Why can I not just point it at the installation directory?

export CLASSPATH_ROOT=/home/cbj/cvs/classpath/build
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>