Re: Benchmarks (who has the fastest free VM)

From: David P Grove
Subject: Re: Benchmarks (who has the fastest free VM)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 06:38:38 -0400

> The resulting JikesRVM binary and image
> keep seg faulting however on my machine

The most likely explanation for this is that your glibc is not using the GS register for pthread local state. You can kludge around this by building Jikes RVM with RVM_FOR_SINGLE_VIRTUAL_PROCESSOR=1.  However, the resulting Jikes RVM will be slightly less functional: it can run most simple java programs (eg SPECjvm98), but won't be able to run eclipse.

--dave