Re: [Rxtx] Implementing javax.comm for free software java implementation

From: Chris Gray
Subject: Re: [Rxtx] Implementing javax.comm for free software java implementations (Was: Re: [kaffe] Notes on kaffe (GNU Classpath integration) todo items)
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:11:49 +0200

On Monday 14 July 2003 17:28, Trent Jarvi wrote:

> We'd be more than willing to work with Classpath and or Kaffe to get this
> working. RXTX 2.1 implements CommAPI from the top down but is in package
> gnu.io to avoid confusion with Sun's impementation.
>
> RXTX 2.0 implements the lower portion of CommAPI and could be made to work
> with the upper portion offered in Kaffe.  The Kaffe shell classes did look
> acceptable when I read through them.

My current main project involves Wonka on uClinux, where everything is
statically linked: I'm a bit worried about the effects of LPGL contagion in
that environment.  So I'll probably stick with the Wonka implementation for
that one, but check out rxtx for future projects.

--
Chris Gray                                /k/ Embedded Java Solutions
Embedded & Mobile Java, OSGi              http://www.kiffer.be/k/