Developing VM

From: Peter Werno
Subject: Developing VM
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 15:32:16 +0200 (CEST)

Hello everybody,

we are developing a new Virtual Machine for Amiga OS
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/jamiga) which will be bundled with the
GNU classpath.

Our VM is following a differnet approach and JNI has not been implemented
yet. Moreover, we tend to implement a lot of the core functions/classes
natively straight into the VM, as the older 68K-processors of the
Amiga-Systems are not really up to speed with modern Intel or IBM-chips!

For this reason, it would be very useful, if we could get information on
changes, especially where native method calls are involved.

Would this kind of information usually be broadcasted on this mailing
list, or are there different channels that I should subscribe to?

Many thanks,

Peter Werno